Innovative, easy to train, foil print inspection on circular and square, clear and opaque cosmetic container lids...
Lighting is critical to the success and reliability of machine vision systems. As it is the only data the camera uses lighting should be considered very carefully. The ideal is to highlight the areas of interest with a strong contrast to any ‘background’ areas. The lighting should also be as consistent as possible to ensure that any variations detected are due to the object only. Optimising the lighting (and the optics) will also help to ensure that the image processing is as simple and robust as possible
With over 1800 models to choose from let us suggest the best solution for your application. For special applications and OEM solutions customised versions can be designed and built to perfectly suit your requirement.
Our preferred range of lights - Click here for a summary of the range as a PDF - have the following key features:
- Integrated control as standard, stable brightness across a range of voltages meaning you don’t need to purchase a separate controller
- Brightness control
- Lighting can be switched on and off via an optically de-coupled PLC input down to 10 µs.
- Optional high-brightness pulsed or flash operation for up to 20x more light
- EMC and endurance tested. CE certified.
- Robust, industrial, dust-sealed, sturdy housings designed for tough working environments
- The cables are oil-resistant, dragline compatible and have high resistance to repeated bending and stretching.
- Defined, sturdy mounting and adjustment points
Long operational life
- The best heat-removal and vibration-resistant components ensure an operational lifetime typically 50,000 hours or more (continous use)
The lighting technology:
- Defined and targeted light distribution with maximum brightness using state-of-the-art LED technology in each case
- Long operational life due to temperature management and special LED sorting.
- All types of lighting principles incident light, transmitted light, ring-lighting, dark field lighting, telecentric lighting are available as components.
- Almost all wavelengths/colours including IR, UV and white light are used.
- Best homogeneity over the entire illuminated area.